Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dangerous Travel

I am not a huge risk taker, certainly not where my life is concerned. Sure I race a car from time to time out on a track, but I am completely in control and never go faster or push harder than the known bounds of my ability. So why is it that everytime I get in a cab I feel like I have just made a very foolish decision?

I cannot remember the last time I was in a cab where the driver was piloting the vehicle in a satisfactory manner. I am also unable to recall a time when the cab driver knew where he was going despite directions from the passenger(s) and completely in defiance of the sat nav's suggested route.

As someone who likes to develop in their job, I find it hard to understand how these people go about their employment with the most basic level of understanding possible. Granted many are migrants who are studying at night, but does this mean they should be allowed to perform their job negligently? If a crane oprator approached their job with same level of commitment they would be fired immediately - and they don't even take passengers! So why then do we allow taxi drivers to do the same??

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: