Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bored Relations?

Last Saturday I went with the other half to a very swish restaurant. It had been decided when we went there for our anniversary that we would return - each with a pair of friends, both of which we saw would get along very well indeed. We spent on dinner what some people earn in a month I'm sure, but after nice wine and food, along with great company, we called the night a complete success. 

After dinner we pushed on back at one of the couple's places and eventually climbed into a cab early in the morning. We had had a great a night without even the thought of a club. So it got me thinking about how my life has changed. 

I started also wondering whether people would think perhaps this had become a little tame for me. No more big benders where I spend more time with dance floor than anyone else, instead dinners at nice restaurants, excursions to wineries, weekends at the holiday house in the snow.
Contemplating not of my next car as a hot convertible, rather a 4wd to hold skis and a dog!?  

Is it true: When love strikes, so too does the boringness?

And if yes, how did I end up here, whilst being so happy about it?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh darling, I know exactly how you feel. I fret that I'm becoming my mother and yet am strangely happy to do so...