Friday, June 19, 2009

The path to responsibility

It really has been way too long since I last posted, but seriously I have been so busy. I could give you all the excuses but really it's because the other half was on holiday for a month. Yes that's right, a month of annual leave.

Part of it we spent overseas, some of it he spent here while I went back to work to get a mountain of work underway - one I should get through by August! Some of our time was good, some of it was challenging but needless to say we have come out the other end...and knowing each other a whole lot more about each other; ready to start considering the next chapter of our relationship.

Part of that consideration going on in my head has been forced upon me a bit, as my apartmet is for sale and thus a chapter of my life really is about to come to a close. Most people who know me are fully aware that living where I do is
part of my personality. It has a large effect on how I live my life by virtue of where it is. I chose to live here for two reasons: it's close to my friends, and it's near the clubs I go to! The fact that everything else is so close has helped
to define how I live my life day to day and has become an integral part of why I love living here.

With all if this about to come to a close I have started reflecting on how life has been here, how much fun I have had and how much I really will miss it. The current path says I won't be back here again in this guise, but should that ever change, I know where I can return to really live and have fun. Just knowing that will probably be enough when I move.

Responsibilty here I come...but hey, it's been a damn fun path that got me there!

Al

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our place has a second bedroom. You can always come have sleepovers if you get withdrawals!